Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It is 3:10 and is anyone thinking of 3:10 to Yuma but me?

Well that was a fun title. Irrelevant, but, fun. If it says it was posted at a time that isn't 3:10, that's because I wrote the title at 3:10--time is a man-made thing, don't blame me, guys.



Anyway, that was my introduction I suppose. Now for an in-depth look at the person writing this blog: me! I'm not that deep of a person, if you can name all of the "Z-Warriors" from Dragon Ball Z without naming them you're practically my friend already. My name is Sean Donovan, and I'm in college. Let me save you the trouble and tell you it is not the magical land of happiness the movies show. It's all a bunch of longboards and debt...unless you go to a really small university, then it's just a small amount of longboards and a lot more debt, probably.

My major is in Creative Writing ("get a job!") (shut up). I've been writing stories since I was around ten years old, but, now I kind of read them as mere anecdotes compared the behemoths I've either written or read since my feeble days of innocence. Not that I've ever lost my innocence, I'm just saying...nevermind.

So yeah, writing is my greatest passion, but I have other passions too. These were suppressed in the dark ages of human life: middle school. I thought things like anime or super-heroes were lame. It was all about getting a girlfriend or having the biggest ego. At least, that was what I thought I wanted. But if that was true, then, why was I still writing about a teenage boy who gets supernatural powers and has to assume the greatest power in the universe?

I caught my hypocritical self just in time, though, and quickly reached back into my roots and am now the person writing this blog post...this probably imperfect blog post but whatever. Now that I've realized the error of my ways (I can't say matured, because, if you know me, then you know I'm still a child at heart) I have gained the capacity to appreciate the things, the forms of art, that some other people may not see.

In this blog I will cover several topics that are very near and dear to my heart. I will discuss anime that I enjoy, manga that I enjoy, TV shows that I enjoy, "Yu-Gi-Oh!" things that I enjoy, videogames that I enjoy, and genres in general that I enjoy. Did you see the common factor there? That I enjoy.

Yes, this will all be very subjective blog but if I ever--oh who am I kidding, when I start--doing reviews I will attempt to leave out my opinion when it comes to the story. I can promise you, though, that you will know a lot about how I feel about the "Yu-Gi-Oh!" meta because there is really no right or wrong way to look at it, because it just is.

Speaking of right or wrong, I will also be giving my opinion on elements of fiction present in most forms of viewable media--basically that was an intelligent attempt at saying I'll be examining and giving thoughts on the themes of television shows, namely Arrow, Teen Wolf, and The Walking Dead because, I feel, those shows are very thematic even if glanced at just the surface.

So yeah, that's essentially it. I think I covered everything. Really I did not want to say too much because I'll probably post again later today, February the 4th (five days from the Season 4 return of The Walking Dead) regarding how I feel about the best-friend relationship in today's storytelling and how I feel Teen Wolf is ready to make the most out of it through what I've seen (judge me about watching that show, I dare you). Anyway, if you're going to stick around, welcome. If you're not...thanks for clicking!

See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment