Saturday, August 16, 2014

Blog update #2--A schedule?!

I didn't expect to be giving another update so close to a first one, but, as is life.

With the coming onslaught of school and work I've kind of figured out that being able to juggle life and a blog all at once with no clear direction is going to be difficult. Obviously I've got schedules for school and work (because, duh) but as far as my writing goes there is no clear schedule for it.

As such, I went ahead and constructed a schedule for my blog, as this way I'll be able to have ideas already generated and get started on them so that over time I'll be able to write them up and then simply upload them by the deadline, almost like a video. Hopefully this will result in better, more coherent posts rather than starting off with one idea and then quickly becoming a bunch of rambling about whatever.

The schedule won't start until September 1st, just so I can get started early on some of those ideas. As such, the rest of August is going to be pretty quiet for me on the Interwebs as I'll be getting into the swing of school once again as well as trying to continue writing my story.

Speaking of stories, I've decided to bring back a storyline-type thing to the blog, like what I had with the Three Wise Men thing that in hindsight wasn't a good idea, since it wasn't original to the blog and had a lot more to do with my stories. This story line is going to be a sort of light-hearted super-hero story because, well, I like super heroes. And I like stories.

The story is going to be about a young man name Kyle Raiden who discovers an interstellar power known as the Nexus, which grants him super abilities as well as burdens him with the great responsibility to save not his home town and his family legacy. As Kyle discovers, though, there is more than meets the eye to this power, and there is more than meets the eye to those who seek it. Earth's newest protector faces a battle on all fronts as he tries to balance the little things like saving the world, going to school, and having a social life.

The new blog schedule is as such:

Every Monday: I'll be writing pretty much about anything that comes to mind, this is sort of like my free day where I don't constraint myself to a specific topic.

Every Tuesday: Like my "Decision of the Door" or "Fight through the Wall" posts, I'll be writing about something deep or a message I got out of a TV show, or just something that I feel I need to express that has some important on our world today. Also, every Tuesday night starting October 7 I'll be reviewing the CW's Flash TV series.

Every Wednesday: Even though I just said that I don't review individual comic issues, I've decided that if I am going to review comics, it'll be easier to review them in single issue increments. It won't be new comics that came out during the week, it'll just be pretty much whatever I have at my disposal that I feel like reviewing (unless I get into web comics, in which case, yeah, I can review it the day it comes out). Also starting October 8 I'll be reviewing the CW's Arrow series.

Every Thursday: This'll be the day reserved for the short stories, or Storyline as I'll be calling it. Each post will be numbered accordingly (so the first one will be Storyline #1 Insert Title Here) so that if you missed one you can just go back and read it...or so I can do that, too! Also, starting October 22 I'll be reviewing the CW's The 100 TV series.

Every Friday: What fun is talking about comics if I'm not going to discuss something about Marvel or DC sometime later in the week? Yup, on Fridays I'll be giving my thoughts on something related to Marvel or DC Comics (or both!) be it movies, comics, TV shows.

Every Saturday: Haven't really brought up any days I can really review older TV shows or movies, so, that's what today is going to be all about. I'll be reviewing or talking about nostalgic (for me) video games and TV shows, just for good old days, you know?

Every Sunday: God rested, so as His follower, I'm gonna take Sunday off. Gotta watch SAO II sometime, you know?

I'm pretty excited about this new schedule. Partly because I'll be writing more and partly because I'll be more organized regarding how I blog. Hopefully I get back into the rhythm I had at the beginning, or at an even better one than that, since I'll be blogging pretty much every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment