Sunday, December 14, 2014

Blog Update 3: New Year, New Rules, New Reviews

So, yeah, my schedule for blogging has been sort of whack the last month. Reminds me a lot of how it was before I even developed a schedule. But that's only because school got hectic and then having to review Arrow and The Flash often meant I was writing/ posting things all in one day as well as working on Wednesday nights. Not only that, but I'm sure you noticed that I stopped blogging weekends (including Friday) and "Blue Nexus" has been gone for the whole month of December. So, what the heck bro?

Well, basically, I found myself going more and more insane. The blog became less of a hobby and I began to feel like, "ZOMG I didn't do this thing better do it RIGHT NOW" and it wasn't so much as fun writing this stuff as much as it was me just doing it.

When I wrote my review of the Arrow Season 3 mid-season finale (which you can actually read on my Moviepilot.com page here), I felt extremely refreshed. Partly because it was a great episode and I had a lot to say on the subject, and partly because I hadn't written much in a while so I had a bunch of new ideas that were coming fresh to my mind rather than be logged down by a myriad of other ideas.

Blogging everyday was fun but coming up with new and creative ideas everyday was draining. Sure, reviews were pretty standard but I felt I was copping out to doing that a lot. Will I keep reviewing? Abso-freaking-lutely. But I also would like to do many more discussion posts on various anime/ comics. Like, you know, how Sony CAN'T HANDLE THE "SPIDER-MAN" FRANCHISE" as well as talking about why we need more shows like Avatar and Korra. Things like that.

I wouldn't expect those types of things until after the New Year, when I have time to function. As well as when college football is finally over and this nightmare season comes to an end. I'll have more time (eh, 3/4s of my classes are online, so time is relative at this point) to not only come up with ideas but more thoroughly write them out.

Thus, I have devised a new schedule. It's not only one that's efficient, but it's one that makes me look not-so lazy even though I pretty much am. I've decided to blog every other week, so, expect a full four-days of posts (Monday-Thursday because who wants to do things on a Friday?), then the next week I'll take off, and then the following week I'll be right back to it.

Are there exceptions? Wouldn't be fun if I didn't. If, for example, I have a theme going on (think something like my month-long review of "Blackest Night" or my sequential reviews of the Fairy Tail seasons), then there may be times where I am blogging every day the theme falls on. To give some concrete examples of this, in January, I'll be taking a look at four comic #1's from the past to celebrate the New Year, so every Wednesday in January I'll be reviewing comics, but only on that Wednesday if it falls on an off-week. So, the first week will be a full-week, then only on Wednesday, and then back to a full week.

Still confused? Good.

To make things better, I'll always be reviewing Arrow and The Flash the night they come out, and ONLY those two shows. I got way too behind on The 100 to even dare catch up to reviewing it, but I might do a whole Season 2 review of it because things are getting REAL on that show.

So far I don't have any month-long anime reviews planned out. My dream is to do a two-month review of the entirety of DBZ, but, I don't have all 9 seasons (just 1, 6, and 9--the only ones that Best Buy had in the Orange Brick option). For the most part it'll just be month-long comic reviews.

The least complicated of all of them should be the ongoing "Blue Nexus" storyline. To keep not only the cliffhangers pretty hefty but also to allow me to be able to think about the story instead of just writing it and posting it, BN will constantly be an every-other-week story. Most months, then, it'll only be two parts coming out. Think of it like a comic book, then. This should also make the stories a bit longer, if not will allow them to pack more punch to them.

Then let's get into specifics.

The rest of this month will focus on wrapping up my thoughts on some 2014 things as well as a few Christmas-y things. Again, reviewing Captain Marvel vol. 1 this week and I don't remember why. Doesn't really matter at this point! As you can probably expect, January will be pretty much a month centered around predicting things for the new year, such as what I think will be the best movie of 2015 as what will rise as the best show of 2015 based off of what we know so far. I want February to be something of a romance month but don't really have much for it...Hmm...

Surprisingly enough I don't have any anime I plan on reviewing in January (WAT), but instead, a couple of discussion topics. One related to DBZ that has been stressed for a long time and was completely thrown up in the air at the beginning Season 7.

Without further ado, here's the specific schedule for the next two and half months:

December 2014--

Anime Reviews: Akame Ga Kill! (12/16), Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan, (12/23)
Comic Reviews: "Captain Marvel Vol. 1: Higher, Further, Faster!" (12/17)
Discussions: Writing Update #2 (12/19), Favorite X-Mas Movie (12/22), Favorite 2014 Movie (12/26), Top 10 2014 Trailers (12/ 29), Favorite 2014 Anime (12/30)

January 2015 (Arrow and The Flash [1/20. 1/21 respectively] return)--

Anime Discussions: 2015--Full-on Toonami! (1/6), DBZ: Who Deserves to be SSJs? (1/20)
Comic Reviews: "Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth #1" (1/7), "Sensation Comics #1" (1/14), "Avengers #1" (1/21), "Teen Titans #1" (1/28)
General Discussion: Movie of 2015 (1/5), TV Show of 2015 (1/19)
Blue Nexus: "Blue Nexus #14: Training Days" (1/8), "Blue Nexus #15: Bleacher Report" (1/22)

February 2015--

Anime Reviews: Arpeggio of Blue Steel (2/3), "Dragon Ball: Raging Blast" (2/17)
Comic Reviews: "Superman: Man of Steel #18" (2/14, "Avengers: Heroes Welcome #1" (2/18)
General Discussion: "Top 5 Best/ Worst OTPs" (2/2), Romance in Fiction (repost from before) (2/16)
Blue Nexus: "Blue Nexus #16: Lightning and Thunder" (2/5), "Blue Nexus #17: Lightning Crack, Thunder Clap" (2/19)

March 2015--

Anime Reviews/ Discussions: Deadman Wonderland (3/3), Fairy Tail Season 4 (3/17), Fate/ Stay Night Season 2 Speculation (3/31)
Comic Reviews: "Vengeance of the Moon Knight #10" (3/4), "Green Arrow: Year One" (3/18),
General Discussion: On Character Deaths (3/2), Top 10 Fairy Tail Moments (3/16), Blog Update #4: ULTRON!!! (3/30)
Blue Nexus: "Blue Nexus #18: The Fire Rises" (3/5), "Blue Nexus #19: Pride of the Jungle" (3/19)

No comments:

Post a Comment