Monday, March 30, 2015

Blog Update #4--ULTRON!!



Hey so guess what guys it's about to be April and you know what that means?

Fate/Stay Night is coming back! Easter! JELLY BEANS! But most importantly of all, we are simply that much closer to the movie with all da hype, Marvel's the Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Thus, to cash in--er, I mean celebrate!--the movie bringing everyone's favorite psychotic robot overlord to the big screen, I felt it appropriate to try and focus as much as we could on Ultron. After all, he is one of the greatest villains in comics, and this is going to be one heck of a big movie.

Now, I'm not crazy enough to focus all of my attention on the robot. To my knowledge, Ultron is not evident in any anime, so those reviews will be going on like normal. And being that there are five Thursdays in the month of April, there will be triple the "Blue Nexus" to go around this month.

I suppose this isn't much of an update, more like a schedule for you guys to know about/ hold me to when things eventually change. Still, there are a few things of note.

First is that there is going to be weekly comic reviews in April, much like how the "Blackest Night" review went last November. There will even be weekly "Blue Nexus" in May for a special event going on over in that realm. I'll get into that in a moment, but, just know that's going to be different than anything else done so far with the world. Think of it as a "movie" to the rest of the parts being "episodes;" that's a fair way to put it.

Besides that, things will run normally. Reviews of the CW's Arrow and The Flash will continue as they premiere, and I will certainly be putting out a review of "Age of Ultron" when the film is released. How could I not? I reviewed The Maze Runner last, it's only right that I come back strong.

April is truly the month that will bear the brunt of Ultron, though. I mean, it really is his month, both here and in the world of the comics/ film. Ultron is getting his own little graphic novel, "Rage of Ultron" tomorrow and a three-issue run titled "Ultron Forever" over the next few weeks. Marvel is pushing this guy big-time, and in their "Secret Wars" event starting up soon, expect to see more of the world of "Age of Ultron." Actually, I think those characters are fighting zombies. Huh.

I should also note the hiatus the blog will be on following the final "Blue Nexus" released in May. I'll be going away for the summer, but I plan to have this up and running the second week of August. There may be a few things here and there in June and July, but don't expect it. I'm going to try and push as much as I can for an Ant-Man review, but, again, don't expect it.

Shouldn't be too exciting anyway.

But I'll give more exlicit news on the hiatus as it approaches. For now, here's the schedule of the next two months!

March 2015

Anime Discussion: "Is Fairy Tail really...bad?" (3/31)

April 2015

General Discussion: "Top 10 Villains--Revised!" (4/13); "Can Ultron be the best MCU villain?" (4/27)
Anime: "Attack on Titan: No Regrets" OVA Review" (4/14); "Devil is a Part-Timer!" Review (4/28)
Comic Reviews: "Age of Ultron #1-2" (4/1); "Age of Ultron #3-4" (4/8); "Age of Ultron #5-6" (4/15); "Age of Ultron #7-8" (4/22); "Age of Ultron #9-10" (4/29)
Blue Nexus: "Blue Nexus #20: Sting" (4/2); "Blue Nexus #21--Black Lagoon" (4/16); "Blue Nexus #22" (4/30)

May 2015
Movie Reviews: "Marvel's the Avengers: Age of Ultron" (5/1)
General Discussion: "The Avengers: Moving Forward in MCU" (5/11); "Arrow Season 3 Review" (5/25)
Anime: "Is anime for Kids/ Adults only?" (5/12); "Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic" Review (5/26)
Comic Reviews: "Justice League of America #69" (5/13); "Convergence #9" (5/27"
Blue Nexus: "Blue Nexus: Solar Survivors Preview" (5/14); "Blue Nexus: Solar Survivors Part 1" (5/21); "Blue Nexus: Solar Survivors Part 2" (5/28)

This schedule is probably not at all going to change, so, hope you're looking forward to what's coming in the next couple of months!

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @seanovan13 to stay up to date on when I post. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment