Saturday, January 23, 2016

Blog Update #6 - Winds of Spring

You know, these blog updates are really getting out of hand in how unreliable they are. At least, the last one was pretty bad. Promised a whole month of AXIS and hero and villain stuff and hero inversions...and I got about a third of what I wanted out of it. All of the hero inversion, in "Blue Nexus" was pretty much done in December, too.


This time, it's really looking like I'm going to be able to stick to my guns. I kind of have to. There's not big special event happening these next couple months that will require me to write away from the regular bi-weekly format. There are, though, some pretty big thing that'll be happening in the next couple months, and they're things I've been looking forward to since 2016 kicked off.

One thing I'm not sure about doing is a review of Deadpool. I'm 75% sure I'll do a review of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, but the 25% of me that is saying no is just unsure because it is outside that date for the blog. Then again, it is a Friday...I don't know. Don't expect a review of Deadpool, but do be wary of a review of "BvS."

Another major thing coming into the blog is our continued glimpse into the Valiant universe. One of the two comics I'll be looking at feature multiple heroes from the universe...and the other is a Ninjak comic, and I'm just reviewing it because it was sort of a weird sudden-shift for the book last year. I can't recommend you keep an eye out for those, as well as recommend Valiant Entertainment enough. They're such a good company in terms of quality and creativity.

There will be two things coming to a close, though, and it will be odd that after so long I won't get to be writing them. If you've been following along recently, then you'll know that we're approaching a climactic battle over in East City for "Blue Nexus," and in early March we'll be taking a break once the current arc wraps up. My review of Doomsday's misguided adventures through Metropolis will also end, the final two issues being reviewed just in time for "BvS," which is sort of why I need to stick to the schedule, as those are two issues that are of the utmost importance that I take a look at. I've been looking at this book for nearly two years now, though, so not having that to fall back on as a review will be odd. I'll find, for sure, another miniseries to take a look at sequentially, but I've got no idea what could be.

Other than that? Well it's basically just a schedule updating going on. Like I said, there aren't many outlying things going on, unless something major happens in the world of geek culture (like if they announce that the DCEU/ TV universes will crossover, if Connor Hawke appears on Arrow, or if some anime knocks my socks off and I just have to talk about it...though that's unlikely).

So, without further ado, here's the schedule for February/ March!

February*
Mondays (General Topics): "Night Angel vs. Lightbringer Series" (2/15), "Top 10 Heroes (Redux)" (2/29)
Tuesdays (Anime): "Attack on Titan: Junior High! S1 Review" (2/2), "Deadman Wonderland Manga Review" (2/16)
Wednesdays (Comic Book Reviews): "Superman: The Man of Steel #19" (2/3), "Ninjak #6" (2/17)
Thursdays (Blue Nexus): "Blue Nexus #37 - Wave Two" (2/4), "Blue Nexus #38 - Cracked, not Broken" (2/18)

March*
Mondays (General Topics): "Can Daredevil S2 Match Hype?" (3/14), "DCEU Discussion" (3/28)
Tuesdays (Anime): "Wider Release of Anime Films Plz" (3/1), "Fairy Tail Chat 2" (3/15), "Divine Gate Review" (3/29)
Wednesdays (Comic Book Reviews): "Original Sin: Hulk vs. Iron Man" (3/2), "Superman #75" (3/16), "X-O Manowar #15" (3/30)
Thursdays (Blue Nexus): "Blue Nexus #39 - Fallout" (3/3), "Previously on Blue Nexus...(#14-39 Recap)" (3/17), "Blue Nexus #40 - Strange Case of Quiet" (3/31)

*--Schedule subject to change for whatever reason, please be aware.

Social media:
Twitter: @seanovan13
Instagram: @seanovan10

No comments:

Post a Comment